Marikit

Marikit
Masdan mo ang aking karikitan

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Merceditas Gutierrez Resigns!

I'm not actually a politically inclined person but this month after I've heard Gutierrez already resigned from her throne, I've become interested to know what will happen to her... I mean, what will be the verdict..

 I just read an article about her resignation dated May 06, 2011 and let me just share some excerpts from it...

“By tendering my resignation effective May 6, 2011, I hope we can now all focus on the problems of our people, rather than expending efforts and resources to remove me from public office.”
“In the past weeks, it has become evident that the vilification by my detractors will go on… I wanted to face my accusers whatever the personal agony it may have involved but the interests of my family, my office and nation are more important,” Gutierrez added.
“The President needs an Ombudsman with whom he has full confidence,” Gutierrez said, and that “the country needs a full time Ombudsman, and a full-time Congress”...
I just couldn't imagine she has still the face to say all of this. From the time she had this post until now, i haven't heard any good thing she has done for our country. She's been Gloria Arroyo's puppet all throughout her service, i just hope the Senate will give her what I and the "Masa"  think she deserves...
allvoices

No comments:

Post a Comment