Marikit

Marikit
Masdan mo ang aking karikitan

Sunday, May 22, 2011

IT'S OVER NOW ... OR IS IT?


The first time I saw his face on television, I knew this guy could be the next President of our country. This is why I was disappointed when I knew he did not pursue his candidacy last year. And now, after hearing the news about the break-up, I feel totally sad.

Chiz Escudero had parted ways with wife Christine Flores.

I would like to believe that this may only be a trial for the couple. Or so I wish, maybe. I hope and pray, and hope again, that Chiz will win her back.

They met in 1995 while Tintin was singing at the lounge of Sulo Hotel, He was new lawyer then, working at Quezon City Hall. He and his friends would drop by after work, and that's when their love story began.

It's been 10 years, full of love and blessings, they been gifted with  fraternal twins last October 2007 after Christine suffered from ectopic pregnancy a year after they got married.

There are speculations that their marriage was having trouble as far back as two years ago. Some pointed to possible political  opponents as the culprit for spreading these nasty rumors. The purpose, of course, was to discredit him.

Chiz was even linked to Kris Aquino! But even after the elections, the rumors persisted. This time, Mrs. Escudero was being linked to a member of an all-male dance group.

There is dignity in quietness and so I have to credit the couple for remaining quiet. This is, after all, an oh-so-personal issue.

With all the recognitions and awards that Senator Escudero has received, with his selfless dedication to our country resulting to significant contributions for the welfare of his countrymen, with vast potential awaiting Chiz for the future ... I sincerely hope that this challenge will be surpassed with flying colors.

Knowing Chiz Escudero, this is not at all impossible.
allvoices

No comments:

Post a Comment